- We Genuinely Care About Your Privacy
- Information We Collect
- Log Files, Cookies, and Clear GIFs
- How We Use Your Information
- Why We Need to Identify Your Mobile Device
- How We Share Your Information with Others
- Our Communications With You
- Controlling How We Use Your Information
- Links to Other Sites
- How to Access Your Personal Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Customers Residing Outside the United States
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Minors and Parental Consent
- Business Transitions
- Updates to this Policy
- Contact Us
We Genuinely Care About Your Privacy
We, at Chipp’d Ltd. – along with its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereby collectively referred to as “Chipp’d”) – believe that your privacy is a right, not a privilege.
Information We Collect
During the course of delivering our services, Chipp’d will need to collect various types of data about you. This data is either personal, whereby it can be used to determine your identity, e.g. your email address, or generic, whereby it says nothing about your identity and instead is typically used in aggregate form to identify trends in user activity, e.g. the amount of time you spend on a given page.
Another distinction we must make about the types of information we collect is the way in which the data is obtained. Personal information is usually submitted voluntarily by you, while generic information is typically collected automatically via technology as you are using the Site. We feel that it’s important to highlight this, so that you are aware that we collect data about you even if you don’t explicitly provide it to us.
The types of personal information we collect about you include:
- Account information, including your name, email address, and password
- Gift recipient information, including the recipient’s name and email address
- Billing information, including credit card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name, and billing address
- Shipping information, including shipping address
- Personal page content, including any text, images, videos, or links to profiles on third party websites, such as Facebook, that you post to the Site using our page builder
- Shopping activity, including purchases you’ve made on the Site
- Mobile device information, namely the username associated with your device
- Any other information you may submit to us through social media or via email
The types of generic information we collect about you include:
- Information about the device you use to access the Web, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, and mobile device type
- URLs that refer you to the Site
- Dates, times, and durations of visits to the Site
- Details about your activity on the Site, including page views, navigation patterns, and time spent on a given page
- The general geographic location, i.e. country and city, from which you access the Site
- Search terms that you use to reach the Site
We ensure that the generic and aggregate information we collect cannot be used to identify you by recording and handling it separately from your personal information.
Log Files, Cookies, and Clear GIFs
We use this type of information to better understand how you are interacting with our site and to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect from you helps us improve the quality of Chipp’d products and services. We know you’ve heard this all before, but the difference is that Chipp’d already has a business model, so we don’t need to make money from your information, whether it’s by advertising or by selling your data. The promise of privacy is already factored into the price we charge for our products.
With that in mind, we use your information to:
- Create an account for you on the Site, so you can manage your Chipp’d products
- Enable you to purchase Chipp’d products from our online store
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your purchases, which includes processing payment; handling shipping, returns, and refunds; and contacting you about your orders
- Maintain a record of all the purchases you’ve made on the Site
- Respond to your questions and comments, as well as deliver customer service
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events, and promotions
- Manage your participation in our events and promotions, including publishing your voluntary submission(s) for different ways you use Chipp’d on the Site
- Tailor Chipp’d products and services to suit our customers’ aggregate preferences and the manner in which they interact with the Site
- Operate, evaluate, and improve Chipp’d and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read
- Analyze aggregate trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Site and their interaction with our social media assets
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Enforce the Site’s Terms of Service
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies
Why We Need to Identify Your Mobile Device
We pride ourselves on offering you a private and secure way to share personal content with others. However, in order to do this, we need to collect information from you that allows us to identify your mobile device.
Every Chipp’d product contains a unique QR code that links to a page on the Site. When you first purchase a Chipp’d product and scan the QR code, your mobile device is permanently associated with this code. In addition, we automatically assign your mobile device a unique identifier based on the account information you entered.
From this point onward, any time you want to view your page on the Site, you must scan the appropriate QR code using your mobile device. Upon scanning the code, we automatically compare the identifier associated with the device to that associated with the scanned code. You will only be permitted to view the page if there is a match.
This proprietary mechanism for authenticating your identity enables us to offer you a heightened level of security that wouldn’t be possible without identifying your mobile device. Rest assured that we don’t collect or store your mobile device’s UDID, nor do we use the identity of your mobile device for any other purpose.
How We Share Your Information with Others
We have to share some of your information with third party service providers in order to deliver Chipp’d products and services. This is only to enable us to offer you a better experience. We do not share your information with advertisers, nor do we sell your information – either in aggregate or individually – to any third party.
We use an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for products and services. We also use third party software to analyze visitor trends and to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing communications. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site.
Our Communications With You
We will occasionally send you communications either to the email address associated with your account or to the postal address you used when purchasing a Chipp’d product. These communications are primarily aimed at enhancing your overall experience using our products and services.
We will occasionally send you information on new products and services, special offers, events, or promotions. You can subscribe to receive these emails either on the Site homepage or when purchasing a Chipp’d product via our online store.
Out of respect for your privacy, you may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time either by following the instructions contained in one of the emails or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
We may also send you product catalogs or special promotional packages to your postal address. These communications will be infrequent and are primarily used to reward you for being a loyal Chipp’d customer. Should you prefer not to receive such communications, please send us an email to [email protected].
Finally, we will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so, e.g. if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate or delete your account.
Controlling How We Use Your Information
We provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by following the instructions included in each email or by contacting us at [email protected].
You can also deactivate push notifications at any time by changing the appropriate setting in your accounts page on the Site.
You will be notified before your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent or service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Links to Other Sites
We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
How to Access Your Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct or update it by making the change in your account page on the Site. You may also delete or deactivate an individual page or your entire account at any time using the appropriate setting in your account page on the Site.
Please feel free to contact us at any time should you require any assistance accessing, modifying, or deleting your personal information from the Site via email to [email protected]
How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as credit card number, on the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. So, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on the Site, please send us an email to [email protected].
Customers Residing Outside the United States
Children Under the Age of 13
Our service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Minors and Parental Consent
We strongly recommend that minors, i.e. individuals between the ages of 13 and 17, obtain their parents’ consent prior to joining the Site, or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
Chipp’d reserves the right to:
- Limit use of the Site, in whole or in part, by minors
- Add special protections for minors, where we deem it to be necessary
- Restrict adults from sharing and connecting with minors, notwithstanding the fact that this may result in minors enjoying a limited experience on the Site
In the event that Chipp’d undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and the placement of a prominent notice on the Site for 30 days of any such ownership transfer or change in control of your personal information.
Updates to this Policy
If we decide to change our Policy, we will post those changes to this privacy statement, the Site homepage, and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our homepage.